Monday 28 July 2008

opener - egg

normal egg shape [above]
This is the tail of my pro egg shape. It's a very high performance egg. As i thought the shape itself covers so many wave conditions. And so my ability levels. I wanted to design a egg that an expert could rip on; and a intermediate surfer could make vast improvements on. The main bonus for them being they can catch more waves.
I am huge fan of speed. The more the better. So i threw that in there so that you could pull off barrels and turns that no-one would think you could on a board like this.
I had some car troubles in Hossegor, France last year october. So i had to grab one board to do all condtions. This is the board i grabbed. We had a few days of perfect overhead hollow surf. One day like Nias. and the best day of the year on October 28th; the swell was about 6ft+ and it jumped while we were out to 6-10'! I had the egg, and it allowed me to paddle in a little bit early. I just was standing straight up in massive barrels. Pulling big bottom turns into hard snaps off the top, to finish them off. what a blast, all on this 6'1 egg quad. www.onesurfboards.com

Aloha andrew
this is a yellow resin tint RNF fish. modeled after the [Lost] more contempary fish boards. Easy to jump from your everyday shortboard to this design and back. Fast, loose, and really responsive. enjoy. One of my mentors, in shaping and lead the real Quad revolution. the real father of it all, Bruce McKee, from Australia. I have been making quads since 2000, but Bruce gave me a better idea of fin postions a few years ago. http://mckeesurf.com/brucemckee/quattro.htm Quad's since 1982. i swear Stretch gets all his fin positions from McKee too!

No comments: